In no particular order, here are some of the musics I enjoyed that were released in 2010.
- John Roberts: Glass Eights – damned with faint praise by Pitchfork, this is a gorgeous album you can curl up in.
- Onra – My Comet (from Long Distance)
- Phantom Power – What You Said, It Was Perfect (from Chic in Egypt) – there are probably uploads of this that are not set to badly degraded clips from Roller Boogie, and are thus inferior and will not be considered
- DeepChord presents Echospace – Firefly and Sub-Marine (both from Liumin LP)
- FaltyDL – Endeavour
- Matrix Metals “Tanning Salon Part Two” (this is from 2009 but the amazing eye burning video is 2010)
- Mark Fell – Multistability 2-A and 3 - so good it needs two tracks. Mark Fell has done the best Autechre album since Confield)
- Senking – V8 (from Pong) – when I read that this was inspired partly by John Carpenter it all fell into place and I loved it.
- Robert Hood – Omega
- 36 – Home – from the album Hollow which is stupendously fantastic as is the previous one, Hypersona
- High Skies – The Shape of Things to Come – if this one sounds familiar, you’ve probably been playing Osmos. I’m a sucker for spacey planetarium music.
- Efdemin – Night Train (from Chicago)
That’s what I can think of off the top of my head. Updates when they happen.